Dali Oberon On Wall
Big sound from a low-profile cabinet
At just under 5" deep, DALI's Oberon On-Wall can discreetly blend in with your home's decor. But the slim design conceals a unique downward-firing port that works with your wall to produce suprisingly full bass. For rooms where space is at a premium, we feel comfortable recommending these as full-range left- and right-channel stereo speakers. They'll also deliver richly nuanced detail when used as surround speakers.
DALI also carefully designed these speakers for a seamless handoff between the drivers. The woofer's stiff, lightweight construction — a blend of fine-grain paper pulp reinforced with wood fibers — has an inviting sonic signature. And the 1-1/8" tweeter also reproduces relatively low frequencies — for a tweeter — so that it overlaps with the woofer in the most musical manner.
From the oversized soft-dome tweeter, to the wood-fiber woofer, and even the crossover, DALI's goals are low coloration and wide dispersion. The first is important because you want to hear your music the way it's supposed to sound, and the second because you're not always sitting in the sweet spot.
In fact, DALI is so committed to their wide-dispersion approach, the company recommends that you don't "toe-in" theirs speakers toward your listening position — not an issue with the On-Walls, but you get the idea. You'll get clearer, less-distorted sound, they explain, with the speakers firing straight ahead, and their cabinets parallel to the wall behind them.
Patented distortion-reducing technology
The iron pole piece of the Oberon On-Wall's woofer magnet is capped with a patented SMC (soft magnetic compound) disk that minimizes the negative effects of the iron. This reduces mechanical distortion, and helps create a relaxed, uncolored midrange. You'll hear a surprising amount of detail, without fatiguing your ears.
Introduce yourself to Danish speaker mojo
DALI — Danish Audiophile Loudspeaker Industries — has been making high-end speakers since 1983. The Oberon is their entry-level line, but we think it offers great bang for your buck. Tight vinyl-dressed, high-density MDF cabinets, with internal bracing and acoustic damping material throughout, all but eliminate resonance. This helps the speaker "disappear," and the music come alive.
- pair of on-wall speakers for music or home theater
- 1-1/8" ultra-light soft textile dome tweeter
- 5-1/4" wood fiber cone woofer
- patented SMC (soft magnetic compound) disk in woofer magnet reduces distortion
- bass reflex enclosure
- unique dual rear downward-firing ports work with wall to extend bass
- frequency response: 55-26,000 Hz ±3dB
- sensitivity: 86.5 dB
- recommended power: 25-100 watts
- nominal impedance: 6 ohms
- 2-way speaker with crossover at 2.1 kHz
- MDF cabinet with light oak vinyl finish
- Mountain Grey grille with contemporary visual rounded corners
- five way binding posts accept pins, single or dual banana connectors, spades, or bare wire
- 2 keyhole mounting slots
- 9-11/16"W x 15-3/16" H x 4-11/16"D
- weight: 10.8 pounds (each)