Dali Oberon 9
Sold as Each
The massive, towering Oberon 9 floor-standing speaker is a beautiful example of DALI's approach, with equal parts power and finesse. From the oversized soft-dome tweeter, to the wood-fiber woofers and midrange driver, and even the crossover, DALI's goals are low coloration and wide dispersion. The first is important because you want to hear your music the way it's supposed to sound, and the second because you're not always sitting in the sweet spot.
In fact, DALI is so committed to their wide-dispersion approach, the company recommends that you don't "toe-in" these speakers toward your listening position. You'll get clearer, less-distorted sound, they explain, with the speakers firing straight ahead, and their cabinets parallel to the wall behind them.
Pinnacle of an affordable thouroughbred speaker line
At nearly 4' tall atop its elegant aluminum base, the Oberon 9 is the flagship model in DALI's value-oriented Oberon Series. Its 3-way design includes a dedicated 7" midrange driver and dual 9" woofers, to bring on the bass with depth and nuance. The 9s will deliver an organic yet commanding soundstage in larger rooms without losing composure or delicacy.
DALI carefully designed the 9s for a seamless handoff between the drivers. The midrange driver's and woofers' stiff, lightweight construction — a blend of fine-grain paper pulp reinforced with wood fibers — has an inviting sonic signature. And the 1-1/8" tweeter also reproduces relatively low frequencies — for a tweeter — so that it overlaps with the midrange driver and woofers in the most musical manner.
Patented distortion-reducing technology
The iron pole pieces of the Oberon 9's woofers' and midrange driver magnets are capped with patented SMC (soft magnetic compound) disks that minimizes the negative effects of the iron. This reduces mechanical distortion, and helps create a relaxed, uncolored midrange. You'll hear a surprising amount of detail, without fatiguing your ears.
Introduce yourself to Danish speaker mojo
DALI — Danish Audiophile Loudspeaker Industries — has been making high-end speakers since 1983. The Oberon is their entry-level line, but we think it offers great bang for your buck. Tight vinyl-dressed, high-density MDF cabinets, with internal bracing and acoustic damping material throughout, all but eliminate resonance. This helps the speaker "disappear," and the music come alive.
- floor-standing speaker for music or home theater
- 3-way design:
- 1-1/8" ultra-light soft textile dome tweeter
- 7" wood fiber cone midrange driver
- dual 9" wood fiber cone woofers
- patented SMC (soft magnetic compound) disk in woofer and midrange driver magnets reduces distortion
- bass reflex enclosure with dual rear-firing ports
- frequency response: 35-26,000 Hz (±3dB)
- sensitivity: 90.5 dB
- recommended power: 50-400 watts
- nominal impedance: 4 ohms
- 3-way speaker with crossover at 780/3,400 Hz
- MDF cabinet with black ash vinyl finish
- Shadow Black grille with contemporary visual rounded corners
- five way binding posts accept pins, single or dual banana connectors, spades, or bare wire
- 13-1/4"W x 46-1/8"H x 16"D
- weight: 81.8 pounds (each)