Dali Opticon 6 MK2
Sold as Each
A hybrid tweeter design for silky highs
With its hybrid tweeter array that marries separate dome and ribbon tweeters, the Opticon 6 MK2 floor-standing speaker takes DALI's made-in-Denmark line to the next level. This gorgeous tower speaker delivers detailed, silky-smooth highs, articulate midrange, and solid bass.
Big sound with detailed high-end
The speaker's 1-1/8" soft-dome tweeter and custom-designed ribbon tweeter are mounted on a cast aluminum faceplate. The dome handles from around 2,000-14,000 Hz, while the ribbon starts contributing at around 10,000 and extends on up to the highest of highs. The speaker's wide dispersion pattern helps you enjoy clear, coherent sound, even when you're not sitting right in between a stereo pair.
The Opticon 6's dual 6-1/2" woofers feature a stiff, lightweight blend of fine-grain paper pulp reinforced with wood fibers. Both help to reproduce the bass frequencies, while one also covers the crucial midrange. DALI calls this arrangement of drivers a "2-1/2 + 1/2-way" system (the extra "half" is for the ribbon tweeter). The handoff between all drivers is handled by a carefully tuned crossover network built from low-loss components.
Patented distortion-reducing technology
The patented SMC (soft magnetic compound) woofer magnet pole pieces in DALI's Opticon line significantly reduce mechanical distortion, and help create a relaxed, uncolored midrange. You'll hear a surprising amount of detail, without fatiguing your ears.
Introduce yourself to Danish speaker mojo
DALI — Danish Audiophile Loudspeaker Industries — has been making high-end speakers since 1983. The Opticon is their most affordable made-in-Denmark line, and we think it offers great bang for your buck. They're assembled in pairs by a single DALI technician, to ensure visual and acoustic matching. Tight vinyl-dressed, high-density MDF cabinets, with internal bracing and acoustic damping material throughout, all but eliminate resonance. This helps the speaker "disappear," and the music come alive.
- floor-standing speaker for music or home theater
- hybrid tweeter:
- 1-1/8" ultra-light soft textile dome tweeter
- 1-3/4" x 11/16" ribbon tweeter
- two 6-1/2" wood fiber cone woofers
- patented SMC (soft magnetic compound) woofer magnet significantly reduces distortion from mechanical loss
- bass reflex enclosure
- Dual Flare rear-firing ports
- frequency response: 49-30,000 Hz (±3dB)
- sensitivity: 88 dB
- recommended power: 25-200 watts
- nominal impedance: 4 ohms
- "2-1/2 + 1/2-way" speaker with crossovers at 800/2,200/14,000 Hz
- MDF cabinet with Satin Black vinyl finish
- black cloth grille
- dual five-way binding post speaker terminals allow bi-amping or bi-wiring
- assembled by hand Denmark
- 9-1/8"W x 39-3/4"H x 13-3/8"D
- weight: 42.5 pounds (each)