Dali Opticon Vokal MK2
Sold as Each
Centered on the action
DALI's Opticon VOKAL MK2 center channel speaker delivers articulate sound with especially clear, extended highs, thanks to its advanced hybrid tweeter design. You'll hear dialogue from your favorite movies and shows in smooth, glorious detail.
Hybrid tweeter and tuneful blend
The VOKAL features a dual tweeter array with a 1-1/8" soft-dome tweeter and custom-designed ribbon tweeter mounted on a cast aluminum faceplate. The dome handles from around 2,000-14,000 Hz, while the ribbon starts contributing at around 10,000 and extends on up to the highest of highs.
Mids and bass come courtesy of a 6-1/2" woofer made of a blend of fine-grain paper pulp reinforced with wood fibers. (DALI calls it a "2 + 1/2-way" design — the extra "half" is for the ribbon tweeter.)
Further rounding out the VOKAL's low end are dual front-firing ports, which let you place the speaker in enclosed furniture - although it works beautifully out in the open as well.
Patented distortion-reducing technology
The patented SMC (soft magnetic compound) woofer magnet pole pieces in DALI's Opticon line significantly reduce mechanical distortion, and help create a relaxed, uncolored midrange. You'll hear a surprising amount of detail, without fatiguing your ears.
Introduce yourself to Danish speaker mojo
DALI — Danish Audiophile Loudspeaker Industries — has been making high-end speakers since 1983. The Opticon is their most affordable made-in-Denmark line, and we think it offers great bang for your buck. Tight vinyl-dressed, high-density MDF cabinets, with internal bracing and acoustic damping material throughout, all but eliminate resonance. This helps the speaker "disappear," and the music come alive.
- hybrid tweeter:
- 1-1/8" ultra-light soft dome tweeter
- 1-3/4" x 11/16" ribbon tweeter
- 6-1/2" wood fiber cone woofer
- patented SMC (soft magnetic compound) woofer magnet significantly reduces distortion from mechanical loss
- bass reflex enclosure
- dual front-firing ports
- frequency response: 47-30,000 Hz (±3dB)
- sensitivity: 88 dB
- recommended power: 30-150 watts
- nominal impedance: 4 ohms
- 2 + 1/2-way speaker with crossovers at 2,400/14,000 Hz
- MDF cabinet with Satin White vinyl finish
- gray cloth grille
- five-way binding posts accept pins, single or dual banana connectors, spades, or bare wire
- assembled by hand Denmark
- 17-1/8"W x 7-15/16"H x 12-5/16"D
- weight: 20.3 pounds (each)