Elac Alchemy AS-PPA2
Get top-notch sound out of your records
Vinyl lovers value the warm analog sound a good record can provide. The ELAC Alchemy Series PPA-2 phono preamp offers a pure analog pathway that helps your cherished records sound their best. A beefy toroidal transformer and linear power supply help deliver a clean signal boost for the output of moving magnet and moving coil cartridges, so your receiver or amplifier can do the rest.
Precise cartridge loading
ELAC gives audiophiles plenty of tools and settings to help hone in on the perfect sound. DIP switches on the rear panel let you tweak loading to suit any cartridge. You can choose to use a standard 47k ohm load or customize it as needed. A built in measurement system shows you the actual load of the left and right channels on the front-panel display, so you can set both channels very accurately for each input
A button on the front engages +18dB high gain mode for moving coil cartridges that need it. A defeatable high-pass filter keeps rumble out of your listening experience.
Inputs and outputs
The PPA-2 offers two pairs of unbalanced RCA inputs, so you can have two different turntable setups ready to play at all times. There's a balanced XLR input and output and an RCA output to help you integrate the phono stage into a perfectly matched ELAC two-channel setup, too. In fact, it's a perfect match for the ELAC Alchemy Series DDP-2 stereo preamplifier.
ELAC and Alchemy, making beautiful music together
The Alchemy Series' chief electronics designer is Peter Madnick, who has been creating innovative high-end audio components since founding Audio Alchemy in the late '80s. Known for its high-performance, high-value analog and digital gear, Audio Alchemy was acquired by ELAC in 2016.
- phono stage for moving magnet and moving coil cartridges
- analog, fully discrete FET input stage with DC servo-controlled output stage
- toroidal transformer and linear power supply
- switchable gain for each input
- DIP switches for precise MC cartridge loading on back panel
- built-in cartridge load measurement system
- +18dB high gain mode
- selectable stereo or mono operation
- defeatable high-pass rumble filter
- stereo balanced XLR input
- 2 stereo unbalanced RCA inputs
- stereo balanced XLR output
- stereo unbalanced RCA output
- 18-volt accessory output for powering select ELAC Miracord turntables
- 12-volt trigger input
Dimensions and warranty:
- 17-1/2"W x 2"H x 15"D
- weight: 12 lbs.
- warranty: 1 year