Elac Carina CC241.4 Center Channel Speaker
Striking looks, breathtaking sound
ELAC's JET-powered tweeter
Instead of the concentric tweeter/midrange combo found in other ELAC speakers, the Carina series features ELAC's famous JET folded-ribbon tweeter, used in some of the company's most expensive speakers. The tweeter element is extremely thin and lightweight, and suspended in a magnetic field, so it's able to accelerate with incredible speed, to reproduce the subtlest soundtrack details.
Advanced drivers and dual ports deliver impact
That JET tweeter is flanked by two 5-1/4" aluminum-cone drivers. One handles the midrange frequency range while the other covers bass frequencies. These cones feature a "compound curvature" shape that helps control cone breakup and moves it beyond the driver's operating frequency range. A large-diameter voice coil precisely controls each cone's motion, contributing to this speaker's exceptionally dynamic sound.
Unusually, the CC241.4 has two rear-firing bass-reflex ports, to help the speaker deliver the punch that dynamic soundtracks demand.
Build a complete system
- 3-way, 3-driver design
- JET folded ribbon tweeter for lightning-fast response and wide dynamic range
- 5-1/4" aluminum-cone midrange and 5-1/4" aluminum-cone woofer
- bass-reflex cabinet with dual rear-firing ports
- frequency response: 50-30,000 Hz
- sensitivity: 87 dB
- impedance: 6 ohms
- recommended amplifier power: 30-120 watts
- dual sets of binding post speaker terminals with bi-amp/bi-wire capability
- no grille is included
- 24-7/16"W x 8-1/16"H x 9-9/16"D
- weight: 22.4 lbs.
- warranty: 3 years