Elac Debut 2.0 DB52
Budget-friendly audio gems
ELAC has been one of our best-selling home speaker brands ever since we brought them on board a few years ago. And for good reason — the company builds great-sounding speakers starting at surprisingly affordable prices. The Debut 2.0 B5.2 bookshelf speakers are both easy on the wallet and a pleasure to listen to.
These speakers are part of ELAC's newly redesigned Debut 2.0 speaker family. They're taller and more slender than the original B5s, featuring an improved 1" silk dome tweeter for extended high-frequency response, and an updated 5-1/4" aramid-fiber woofer that dishes out smooth mids and bass.
ELAC's B5.2 bookshelf speakers use high-quality parts that are designed in-house by Andrew Jones.
No off-the-shelf parts
Fans of ELAC know that renowned speaker designer Andrew Jones has been at the helm of the Debut series since the beginning. Jones himself designs the magnets, woofers, crossovers, and enclosures for each Debut speaker, which allows for high-quality components without the added cost of outsourcing parts and supplies.
Great for music and movies
These compact speakers are front-ported — another improvement over the original Debut B5 — making them easy to place in a cabinet or on a shelf. Use them as part of a stereo music system for smallish rooms, or team up a couple of pairs with a Debut center channel and subwoofer for a dynamic, not-crazy-expensive home theater system.
- 1" silk dome tweeter with wide-dispersion waveguide for smooth, accurate highs and extended high-frequency response
- 5-1/4" aramid-fiber woofer with oversized magnet and vented pole piece for punchy bass and midrange
- frequency response: 46-35,000 Hz
- sensitivity: 86 dB
- impedance: 6 ohms
- recommended amplifier power: up to 120 watts
- bass-reflex (ported) cabinet with front-firing port for flexible placement against a wall or bookshelf
- thick MDF cabinet walls with black ash vinyl finish
- cabinet walls are internally braced for reduced resonance and improved stability
- custom multi-element crossover with high-grade components to ensure smooth transition between drivers
- 5-way binding post speaker terminals
- 7-1/8"W x 13-7/16"H x 10-1/16"D
- weight: 13 lbs. (each)
- warranty: 3 years