ELAC Debut Reference DFR52
About the ELAC Debut Reference DFR52
Add some soul to your system
I love floor-standing speakers — they produce big sound that can fill even large rooms. Plus, they look really cool! ELAC's Debut Reference DFR52 floor-stander shines on both fronts.
This elegant tower sports a 1" cloth dome tweeter for extended high-frequency response. It's paired with a trio of 5-1/4" aramid-fiber woofers for smooth midrange and punchy bass.
Use a pair of the DFR52's as part of a soulful stereo or Debut Reference Series home theater system with confidence.
Custom-built for excellent sound
Fans of ELAC know that renowned speaker designer Andrew Jones has been at the helm of the Debut series since the beginning. Jones himself designs the magnets, woofers, crossovers, and enclosures for each Debut speaker, which allows for high-quality components without the added cost of outsourcing parts and supplies.
A high-quality crossover directs traffic
One of the DFR52's performance secrets is its custom-designed multi-element crossover. Jones uses this important component to ensure smooth frequency distribution between each of the drivers. The result is full, natural sound from a floor-stander that won't wreak havoc on your budget.
- 3-way, 4-driver design
- 1" cloth dome tweeter with newly designed waveguide for smooth, accurate highs and extended high-frequency response
- 5-1/4" aramid fiber midrange driver with cast chassis for smooth, accurate midrange performance
- dual 5-1/4" aramid fiber woofers with cast chassis for tight, clean bass
- frequency response: 42-35,000 Hz
- sensitivity: 87 dB
- high-current amplification from a quality power amp or integrated amplifier is recommended for best performance
- impedance: 6 ohms
- recommended amplifier power: up to 140 watts
- custom multi-element crossover with high-grade components to ensure smooth transition between drivers
- 5-way binding post speaker terminals
- bass-reflex (ported) cabinet
- dual rear-firing ports for increased bass performance
- front-firing slotted vent reduces port noise and improves bass extension
- cabinet walls are internally braced for reduced resonance and improved stability
- oak vinyl finish with white baffle
- removable magnetic cloth grille
- 9-1/8"W x 40-9/16"H x 11-1/8"D
- weight: 36.9 lbs.
- warranty: 3 years
- MFR # DFR52-W
What's in the box:
ELAC Debut Reference DFR52 owner's manual
- Floorstanding loudspeaker
- 4 Outrigger feet (spikes installed)
- 4 Rubber feet
- 4 Dials
- 8 Screws
- Operating Instructions