Crisp center-channel sound from ELAC
ELAC's UC52 has the power and performance needed to anchor your home theater system's front soundstage to the action on your TV's screen. This is the speaker you'll want to use if your left and right front speakers are the Uni-Fi 2.0 UB52 bookshelf or UF52 floor-standing speakers.
A concentric midrange/tweeter array provides clarity
One of the design elements that makes this speaker — and ELAC's entire Uni-Fi 2.0 lineup — so special is the concentric driver array (shown in the center of the front baffle on the UC52). It places the tweeter in the middle of the midrange driver, a precise alignment that creates a "unified source," ensuring that all frequencies arrive at your ears at the same instant, for more coherent and accurate sound.
What's new with version 2.0?
The Uni-Fi 2.0 Series features all-new drivers. The UC52's 1" soft-dome tweeter produces better high- and low-frequency extension than the previous Uni-Fi models, for improved blending with the newly designed 4" aluminum midrange. And each of its dual 5-1/4" aluminum woofers sports a dished cone made from a single piece of aluminum, for better stiffness. The new cones, oversized magnets, and large-diameter voice coils allow improved bass accuracy and dynamics.
New crossovers help lighten the load on your amp
The driver updates, along with a newly redesigned crossover, make the Uni-Fi 2.0 Series easier for your amplifier to drive than ELAC's earlier generation of Uni-Fi models. The UC52 has a nominal impedance rating of 6 ohms instead of 4 ohms, which means it should work better with a wider range of receivers and amps.
Shop our selection of speaker wire.
- true 3-way center channel speaker design
- voice-matched to ELAC Uni-Fi 2.0 UB52 and UF52 speakers
- custom-designed 1" soft dome tweeter concentrically mounted in a 4" aluminum cone midrange
- two newly designed 5-1/4" woofers with dished aluminum cones
- frequency response: 48-35,000 Hz
- sensitivity: 85 dB
- impedance: 6 ohms
- maximum power input: 140 watts
- sophisticated crossover ensures linear response and smooth transition between drivers
- bass-reflex cabinet design with front-firing ports
- thick MDF enclosures with internal bracing reduces cabinet vibration that causes unwanted sonic coloration
- 5-way binding post speaker terminals
- removable cloth grille
- black brushed vinyl finish
- 24-7/16"W x 7-5/16"H x 10-7/8"D
- weight: 25.74 lbs.
- warranty: 3 years