Elac Uni-Fi UF52 Floor Standing Speakers
One of our favorite tower speakers gets a makeover
ELAC's newly updated Uni-Fi 2.0 UF52 floor-standing speaker promises an even better taste of the high-end audio experience at a reasonable price, thanks to the ingenuity of ELAC's chief designer, Mr. Andrew Jones.
A concentric midrange/tweeter array provides clarity
ELAC has kept much of what made the original Uni-Fi Series so cool, including a concentric driver array that places the tweeter in the middle of the midrange driver. This precise alignment creates a "unified source," ensuring that all frequencies arrive at your ears at the same instant, producing more coherent and accurate sound.
What's new with version 2.0?
The Uni-Fi 2.0 Series features all-new drivers. The UF52's 1" soft-dome tweeter produces better high- and low-frequency extension than the previous series, for improved blending with the newly designed 4" aluminum midrange.
Three 5-1/4" woofers bring the bass
Like its predecessor, the UF52 uses a robust array of three 5-1/4" aluminum woofers to deliver tight, hard-hitting bass. Each of these new bass drivers uses a cone that's made from a single piece of aluminum, for better stiffness. The cones, oversized magnets, and large-diameter voice coils allow improved bass accuracy and dynamics.
New crossovers help lighten the load on your amp
The updated drivers, along with a newly redesigned crossover, make the Uni-Fi 2.0 Series easier for your amplifier to drive than their predecessors. They have a nominal impedance rating of 6 ohms instead of 4 ohms, which means they should work better with a wider range of receivers and amps.
Shop our selection of speaker wire.
- true 3-way speaker design
- custom-designed 1" soft dome tweeter concentrically mounted in a 4" aluminum cone midrange
- three newly designed 5-1/4" woofers with dished aluminum cones
- frequency response: 42-35,000 Hz
- sensitivity: 85 dB
- impedance: 6 ohms
- maximum power input: 140 watts
- sophisticated crossover ensures linear response and smooth transition between drivers
- bass-reflex (ported) cabinet design
- thick MDF enclosure with internal bracing reduces cabinet vibration that causes unwanted sonic coloration
- custom-designed binding post speaker terminals
- included stabilizer bars and adjustable feet reduce resonance and vibration
- removable cloth grille
- black brushed vinyl finish
- 7-5/16"W x 38-5/8"H x 10-7/8"D
- weight: 43.34 lbs.
- warranty: 3 years