iFi Audio micro iDSD Signature Desktop/Portable USB DAC/Preamp/Headphone Amplifier
Call 410-882-4360 to Order!
Desktop/Portable USB DAC/Preamp/Headphone Amplifier
A super-handy, heavy-duty portable audio device
iFi Audio brought a "kitchen sink" mentality to the battery-powered, transportable micro iDSD Signature. This compact device as an external DAC, headphone amp, or even a preamp. It sports a tough metal frame and can be used in a desktop setting or on-the-go.
When connected to your phone or laptop via USB, this space-blue beauty overrides the ugly audio circuitry within your device. iFi's top-notch audio technology takes over. The built-in headphone amp ensures your headphones have enough power to perform their best. The micro iDSD also doubles as a stereo preamplifier, with inputs for handling your digital music sources, plus RCA outputs for connecting directly to an amplifier.
Customize your sound
You get several controls for tweaking the sound and functionality. iFi "crowd-designed" the R&D, and asked the most hardcore music and headphone aficionados what they wanted from a DAC/headphone amp. The result is a collection of buttons and switches that give you control over gain, digital filtering, bass, sound dimensionality and more. The back panel features digital inputs and RCA outputs for using the micro iDSD as a preamp.
Dual high-performance DAC chips
The micro iDSD uses two Burr-Brown DAC chips, each dedicated to a single channel to avoid noise or crosstalk. These high-grade DACs can squeeze out more musical detail from Spotify®, Apple Music®, YouTube®, and other digital audio sources. They will decode high-res PCM music files up to 32-bit/768Hz resolution,as well as single-bit DSD files up to 24.576 MHz (DSD 512). The micro iDSD also offers full MQA support.
Headphone amp with balanced and unbalanced outputs
On the front panel, there is a 1/4" stereo headphone jack along with a balanced 4.4mm headphone output. The latter is the new industry standard balanced connection that helps cuts down on signal noise and distortion. A growing list of headphones from multiple brands use it.
You can select from three different power modes to deliver the proper amount of power for your headphones. In "Turbo" mode, this amp can deliver up to 4,000mW to drive power-hungry, high-impedance headphones.
Power match for high-performance earbuds and IEMs
On the other end of the spectrum, you can use the iEMatch control to optimize the amp for highly sensitive headphones, like in-ear monitors (IEMs). iFi's proprietary iEMatch technology lets you adjust the power output while still preserving the sound signature of your 'phones.
- battery-powered desktop/portable USB DAC with built-in high-performance headphone amp
- improves sound from your PC, digital music player, iPhone®, and/or Android™ phone
- USB-A, USB-C, and USB-B cables included (Lightning adapter sold separately)
- balanced and unbalanced headphone connections
- compact design with metal chassis
Built-in digital-to-analog converter:
- dual Burr-Brown "True Native" digital-to-analog converter chips for precise stereo playback
- allows for separate signal pathways for PCM and DSD
- plays PCM digital audio sources up to 32-bit/768kHz; DSD up to 24.576 MHz (DSD 512)
- up to 24-bit/192kHz PCM via S/PDIF optical digital connection
- offers rendering for MQA (Master Quality Authenticated) audio files
- selectable digital filter settings for fine-tuning performance with different digital sources
Balanced headphone amplifier:
- two front-panel headphone outputs:
- one unbalanced 1/4" headphone output (3.5mm mini to 1/4" adapter included)
- one balanced 4.4mm output
- power output up to 4,100mW
- output power (max):
- >10.0V / 4,100mW @ 16 ohms (Turbo mode)
- > 5.5V / 1,900mW @ 16 ohms (Normal mode)
- > 2.0V / 500mW @ 8 ohms (Eco mode)
- high-precision volume control dial with power on/off switching
- on/off switch for XBass® (bass boost)
- on/off switch 3D Holographic® (expands soundfield)
- side panel controls:
- iFi's proprietary iEMatch technology optimizes ouput for sensitive headphones (like in-ear monitors)
- Power mode switch for three levels of output power: "Turbo," "Normal," or "Eco"
- selectable digital filters: "Bit-Perfect processing," "Minimum Phase," or "Standard processing" (PCM)
- Type A USB input for connecting PC, smartphone, and other mobile devices
- coaxial/mini optical digital combination input/output
- standard Toslink to mini optical adapter included
- functions as a coaxial digital output when USB audio signals are applied
- without USB audio signals, functions as an optical or coaxial digital input
- not compatible multichannel Dolby® Digital signals
- stereo unbalanced RCA preamp output with selectable fixed/variable level (RCA cables included)
- 3.5mm stereo aux input for connecting a phone or portable music player (3.5mm mini-to-mini cable included)
General info and specs:
- rechargeable battery provides up to 12 hours of playback on a full charge
- color-coded LED indicator for incoming sample rate
- rubber feet included
- cloth storage pouch
- headphone output impedance: < 1 ohm (direct); < 4ohms (iEMatch)
- 2-1/2"W x 1"H x 6-3/4"D
- weight: 10.9 oz.
- warranty: 1 year
What's in the box:
iFi Audio micro iDSD Signature owner's manual
- Digital-to-analog converter
- 6" USB cable (Type A USB on one end and USB-C on other end)
- 40" USB extension cable (Type A USB 3.0 male on one end and Type A USB 3.0 female on other end)
- USB adapter (USB-B female-to-USB Type A)
- Optical adapter (Toslink female-to-mini optical male)
- Headphone adapter (3.5mm female-to-6.5mm male)
- 20" RCA patch cable (stereo RCA plugs on each end)
- Silicone pad (4.75" x 2.25")
- 2 Black rubber bands
- Black velour pouch with drawstring closure
- User Manual
- Warranty / Terms & Conditions