KEF LS50C Meta
The LS50C Meta is perfectly voice-matched to KEF's LS50 Meta bookshelf speakers, so it can serve as the center channel in a home theater setup. It not only matches sound-wise, but it offers the same color choices, for top-notch visual appeal in your entertainment room.
Revolutionary sound absorption
This speaker gets the "Meta" part of its name from KEF's new and innovative Metamaterial Absorption Technology (MAT). It's a highly complex, mazelike structure that's tuned to absorb unwanted sound coming from the rear of the tweeter. The resulting sound is clear, purer, and more detailed.
Careful cabinet design
The LS50 Meta's extremely rigid cabinet uses smooth, curved surfaces that help the sound radiate outward without distortion. It also features a patented offset, flexible port for reduced midrange coloration. As with previous LS50 models, the cabinet uses a grille-less design to show off the cool-looking driver array.
A room-filling "sweet spot," thanks to Uni-Q® technology
KEF's patented Uni-Q technology places each speaker's tweeter in the acoustic center of the bass/midrange cone. This lets the LS50C create a detailed and accurate three-dimensional sound image.
Maximize your listening experience
A sound system based on LS50 Meta can deliver truly incredible sound — in the right setup. We recommend 100 watts or more from a high-performance power amp or integrated amp.
Proper speaker placement is also crucial to getting the best performance out of the LS50C Meta. Place it on a color-coordinated KEF S2 speaker stand to help eliminate unwanted vibrations and reflections.
And few things add impact to your listening session like solid bass. Add a powered subwoofer to your stereo listening setup for hard-hitting, musical low end.
- single LS50 Meta stand-mount speaker
- ideal for use as a center channel in a KEF LS50 Meta surround sound system
- Uni-Q® driver array technology makes your entire room sound like the "sweet spot"
- 5-1/4" aluminum cone woofer
- 1" vented aluminum dome tweeter
- innovative Metamaterial Absorption Technology (MAT) absorbs high-frequency vibrations to eliminate distortion
- Driver Performance Optimisation for enhanced sonic performance and reduced distortion
- frequency response: 79-28,000 Hz (±3 dB)
- sensitivity: 85 dB
- impedance: 8 ohms
- recommended amplifier power: 40-100 watts
- constrained layer damping prevents cabinet rattling and vibrations
- curved baffle design ensures smooth soundwave dispersion with minimal reflection
- two-way bass-reflex cabinet with patented offset, flexible port for reduced midrange coloration
- 5-way binding post speaker terminals
- 7-15/16"W x 12"H x 12-1/4"D
- weight: 17.2 lbs.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.