KEF R6 Meta
Call 410-882-4360 to Order!
KEF R6 Meta
(Priced Per Speaker)
High-performance center channel sound
Building a home theater system with KEF's new R Series "Meta" speakers? The solidly built R6 Meta delivers power, detail, and clarity for engrossing center channel sound. This substantial speaker weighs in at 39 pounds and features the same driver complement as the impressive R7 Meta floor stander, but in a sealed enclosure designed for placement on a tabletop or in an A/V cabinet. KEF even presents the idea of using three of these potent flagship center channel speakers across your home theater's front soundstage — a configuration known as "LCR" (left, center, right) — for perfectly voice-matched sound.
Revolutionary MAT technology improves performance
The "Meta" in this speaker's name comes from KEF's innovative Metamaterial Absorption Technology (MAT) — a highly complex, mazelike structure that absorbs unwanted sound waves coming from the rear of the tweeter. The resulting sound is clearer, purer, and more detailed.
Exploded view of the advanced Uni-Q driver, with the MAT absorber at far right
An upgraded Uni-Q® driver array for better clarity and accuracy
KEF's patented Uni-Q technology places the R6 Meta's 1" vented aluminum dome tweeter in the acoustic center of the 5" aluminum cone midrange driver. This arrangement allows the sound from the two drivers to reach our ears at the same time, resulting in more natural sound. Uni-Q technology is now in its 12th generation, and the engineers at KEF have designed this version to reduce distortion caused by several factors, as well as optimizing it to take full advantage of the aforementioned MAT absorber. Bottom line: these R Series models offer even more natural-sounding performance than earlier versions, thanks to cutting-edge Uni-Q drivers.
The ring you see around the Uni-Q array is what KEF calls their "Shadow Flare." Its shape is carefully profiled so that the tweeter doesn't have "line of sight" to the cabinet's edges. This design minimizes a potential source of audible distortion known as sound wave "diffraction," which can occur when the high frequencies coming from the tweeter couple with the speaker's front baffle and muddy the sound. It's just one of many design elements that helps give this speaker its clarity and precision.
High-tech woofers for taut, well-tuned bass
Each of the two 6-1/2" hybrid aluminum woofers is made up of a shallow aluminum skin atop a paper cone. This hybrid design allows very precise movement for dynamic, accurate bass.
- 3-way design
- 1" vented aluminum dome tweeter with MAT absorber
- KEF's exclusive MAT (Metamaterial Absorption Technology ) absorbs 99% of the unwanted sound coming from the rear of the tweeter, for clearer, more natural performance
- 5" aluminum cone midrange driver
- tweeter and midrange use KEF's Uni-Q technology, with tweeter in center of midrange driver
- two 6-1/2" hybrid aluminum cone woofers
- frequency response: 65-28,000 Hz (±3 dB)
- sensitivity: 88 dB
- impedance: 4 ohms
- recommended amplifier power: 15-250 watts
- sealed (acoustic suspension) cabinet with Constrained Layer Damping to reduce resonance
- two sets of input terminals allow bi-amping or bi-wiring
- detachable microfiber grille
- 24-5/8"W x 7-15/16"H x 13-5/16"D (including terminals)
- weight: 39.2 lbs.
- warranty: 5 years