KEF R7 Meta
KEF R7 Meta
(Priced Per Speaker)
KEF's R Series speakers earn rave reviews for their sleek looks and precise sound, and their newly refined "Meta" versions come with some important design upgrades for even better performance than before. The R7 Meta is the mid-sized floor-standing tower speaker in the lineup, delivering powerful and detailed sound for your home theater or two-channel music setup.
This speaker offers some eye-catching finish options, and it includes stabilizing outrigger feet with carpet spikes.
Revolutionary MAT technology improves performance
This speaker gets the "Meta" part of its name from KEF's innovative Metamaterial Absorption Technology (MAT) — a highly complex, mazelike structure that absorbs unwanted sound waves coming from the rear of the tweeter. The resulting sound is clearer, purer, and more detailed.
Exploded view of the advanced Uni-Q driver, with the MAT absorber at far right
An upgraded Uni-Q® driver array for better clarity and accuracy
KEF's patented Uni-Q technology places the R7 Meta's 1" vented aluminum dome tweeter in the acoustic center of the 5" aluminum cone midrange driver. This arrangement allows the sound from the two drivers to reach our ears at the same time, resulting in more natural sound. Uni-Q technology is now in its 12th generation, and the engineers at KEF have designed this version to reduce distortion caused by several factors, as well as optimizing it to take full advantage of the aforementioned MAT absorber. Bottom line: these R Series models offer even more natural-sounding performance than earlier versions, thanks to cutting-edge Uni-Q drivers.
The ring you see around the Uni-Q array is what KEF calls their "Shadow Flare." Its shape is carefully profiled so that the tweeter doesn't have "line of sight" to the cabinet's edges. This design minimizes a potential source of audible distortion known as sound wave "diffraction," which can occur when the high frequencies coming from the tweeter couple with the speaker's front baffle and muddy the sound. It's just one of many design elements that helps give this speaker its clarity and precision.
High-tech woofers for taut, well-tuned bass
Each of the two 6-1/2" hybrid aluminum woofers is made up of a shallow aluminum skin atop a paper cone. This hybrid design allows very precise movement for dynamic, accurate bass. And the two rear-firing cabinet ports have innovative flexible walls to prevent air turbulence and unwanted resonance from coloring the sound.
- 3-way design
- 1" vented aluminum dome tweeter with MAT absorber
- KEF's exclusive MAT (Metamaterial Absorption Technology ) absorbs 99% of the unwanted sound coming from the rear of the tweeter, for clearer, more natural performance
- 5" aluminum cone midrange driver
- tweeter and midrange use KEF's Uni-Q technology, with tweeter in center of midrange driver
- creates a large listening "sweet spot" in your room
- two 6-1/2" hybrid aluminum cone woofers
- frequency response: 48-28,000 Hz (±3 dB)
- sensitivity: 88 dB
- impedance: 4 ohms
- recommended amplifier power: 15-250 watts
- bass-reflex cabinet with Constrained Layer Damping to reduce resonance
- dual rear-firing ports with flexible port technology for precise bass
- two sets of input terminals allow bi-amping or bi-wiring
- detachable microfiber grille
- included plinth and carpet spikes provide added stability
- 12-1/4"W x 43-3/4"H x 15-1/8"D (including plinth and terminals)
- weight: 64.6 lbs.
- warranty: 5 years
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.