KEF R8 Meta
Call 410-882-4360 to Order!
KEF R8 Meta
(Priced Per Pair)
Overhead effects speakers for your KEF R Series "Meta" home theater
KEF's R8 Meta speakers are designed to sit atop KEF's matching floor-standing or bookshelf speakers and complete your Dolby Atmos setup. They connect to your compatible home theater receiver's height channels to reproduce overhead effects and give your movies and TV shows a heightened sense of dimensionality. In this configuration, they'll literally bounce the sound off your ceiling and back down to your ears. Each speaker comes with keyhole slots for wall-mounting, too, so you can use the pair as conventional surround speakers, as well.
KEF's Uni-Q® technology
KEF's patented Uni-Q technology places the speaker's 1" tweeter in the acoustic center of a 5-1/4" woofer. This arrangement allows the sound from the two drivers to reach our ears at the same time, resulting in more natural sound. Uni-Q technology is now in its 12th generation, and the engineers at KEF have designed this version to reduce distortion caused by several factors, as well as optimizing it to take full advantage of the aforementioned MAT absorber. Bottom line: these R Series models offer even more natural-sounding performance than earlier versions, thanks to cutting-edge Uni-Q drivers.
- Dolby Atmos toppers for KEF R Series "Meta" speakers
- wall-mountable for use as surround speakers
- 1" vented aluminum dome tweeter
- KEF's exclusive MAT (Metamaterial Absorption Technology ) absorbs 99% of the unwanted sound coming from the rear of the tweeter, for clearer, more natural performance
- 5-1/4" aluminum woofer
- tweeter and midrange use KEF's Uni-Q technology, with tweeter in center of midrange driver
- frequency response: 97-17,500 Hz (±3 dB)
- sensitivity: 85 dB
- impedance: 4 ohms
- recommended amplifier power: 25-150 watts
- acoustic suspension (sealed) cabinet
- detachable grille
- 6-15/16"W x 6-15/16"H x 10-1/4"D (including terminals)
- weight: 9.9 lbs.
- warranty: 5 years