Klipsch Forte IV
Call 410-882-4360 to Order!
A new take on a classic Klipsch tower speaker
Klipsch's Forte floor-standing speakers have been captivating music lovers since the company introduced them in 1985. Just Audio customers fell in love with the Forte III, and now we're excited to offer the Forte IV, the latest version of this classic speaker.
New in the 'IV are the redesigned midrange compression driver with a polyimide diaphragm, and a wide-dispersion phase plug in the tweeter. These design tweaks help smooth out the mids and spread the high frequencies into a wider sweet spot.
Klipsch has revoiced the Forte IV with a fresh crossover network based on the steep-slope design in their premium Klipschorn and La Scala models. And three of the finishes come with a new retro-styled salt and pepper grille cloth.
Built to rock
Klipsch's Heritage Series loudspeakers can be the heart of a party. A college friend of mine had a small room, and a pair of Klipsch Heresies. He'd crank Grateful Dead live recordings, Josh White country blues, or whatever — those speakers never failed to grab your attention. Klipsch's up-front sonic profile lives loud in the Forte IV. Horn-loaded midrange and tweeter sections project inviting, close-to-the-bone clarity.
The Forte IV is a great choice if you like to listen to live recordings. The dynamic energy of inspired performances really reaches out from these speakers — even with a modestly powered amplifier, thanks to the highly efficient 99 dB sensitivity.
What's better than a port?
The Forte IV's rear panel sports a burly 15" passive radiator. It acts like a port, but with tighter control over low frequencies.
Coupled with the active 12" front-firing woofer, the radiator's extra cone surface area gives authoritative girth to the 'IV's "listen-to-me," attention-grabbing sonic profile.
Proudly made in the USA
The Forte IV is designed and hand-built in Hope, Arkansas. It's available in four beautiful wood veneer finishes: Black Ash, American Walnut, Natural Cherry and Distressed Oak.
Klipsch book-matches the veneers for each speaker, providing a beautiful mirror image at the splice joints. And the speaker pairs are grain-matched with wood from the same timber. It's a nice touch, and the kind of attention to detail that sets Klipsch's Heritage line apart.
- matched pair of floor-standing speakers
- designed and hand-built in Hope, Arkansas
- three-way design with passive radiator
- frequency response: 38-20,000 Hz (±3dB)
- power handling: 100 watts (400 watts peak)
- sensitivity: 99 dB
- nominal impedance: 8 ohms
- tweeter: 1" titanium-diaphragm compression driver with horn-loaded design
- midrange: 1-3/4" titanium-diaphragm compression driver with horn-loaded design
- woofer: 12" fiber-composite cone
- 15" passive bass radiator reinforces low-frequency output
- book-matched real American walnut wood veneer finish
- veneer leaves for the left and right speakers are crafted from the same piece of timber
- they're precisely arranged to provide an aesthetically pleasing "mirror" image at the splice
- includes removable Salt and Pepper cloth grille
- dual gold-plated speaker binding posts allow bi-amping or and bi-wiring
- 16-1/2"W x 36"H x 13"D (each)
- weight: 72 lbs. (each)
- warranty: 10 years