MoFi Electronics StudioDeck Foundation
A rock-solid turntable, made in the U.S.A.
In order to make their own remastered album releases sound even better, Mobile Fidelity created their own line of turntables. The StudioDeck Foundation — their entry-level offering — is an exceptional 'table in its own right. Everything but the cartridge is made in the U.S.A. to exacting specifications.
About that cartridge: it's a doozy. The Foundation comes with an excellent factory-installed StudioTracker, which is designed to mimic the shape of the head on the lacquer cutting lathe Mobile Fidelity uses when creating vinyl records. That way, MoFi's albums and their player fit together like hand in glove, for an exceptional listening experience.
Thoughtful, innovative design
Mobile Fidelity asked some legendary designers to weigh in on the details of their turntable line, because they know audiophiles care about the details. They used a dense, noise-reducing polymer called Delrin® to make the platter, and a clever inverted bearing system makes the platter spin flawlessly.
They also worked hard to foolproof the initial setup process by simplifying placement of the counterweight and anti-skating weight. To make things even easier, the Mobile Fidelity UltraPhono phono stage with headphone amplifier and its little brother, the StudioPhono without headphone amplifier, are both perfectly matched to this turntable — straight out of the box. (Both are available separately; not included.)
- made in the U.S.A.
- 10-inch straight aluminum gimbaled bearing tonearm for smooth tracking
- adjustable tracking force, vertical tracking angle, azimuth, and anti-skate
- 300 RPM stepped-pulley AC motor provides excellent speed stability
- plinth: aluminum plate bonded to a solid MDF body
- includes pre-mounted MoFi StudioTracker moving magnet cartridge
- solid 3/4" Delrin® polymer platter
- steel and teflon inverted bearing system for smooth, quiet platter rotation
- 33-1/3 and 45 rpm speeds (manual speed change)
- signal-to-noise ratio: 72dB
- wow and flutter: 0.017-0.025%
- gold-plated RCA and ground terminal connectors (cable included)
- 19-3/4"W x 5-3/8"H x 17"D
- weight: 19.1 lbs.
- warranty: 3 years (1 year for the supplied cartridge)
- requires a phono preamp or phono input on receiver or preamplifier