Nad C 389 Integrated amp with DAC and Bluetooth®
Available for Pre-Order Only
An integrated amplifier for the digital age.
NAD's C 389 integrated amplifier will give your analog and digital sources the rich, clear sound we've come to expect from NAD.
Its sleek, classic chassis houses powerful low-noise circuitry and a precise volume control with accurate channel balance. And it also features a high-performance DAC and future-ready expansion slots.
Fast, efficient power
This amp will render your digital and analog sources in sparkling, authoritative detail. It uses NAD's super-efficient HybridDigital UcD (Universal Class D) technology for effortlessly powerful amplification.
It can deliver 130 watts per channel continuous power, and 350 watts per channel instantaneous power. That means it can handle crazy dynamic peaks, from Beethoven's whisper-to-scream symphonies to explosive Marvel movies. And it'll drive demanding low-impedance speakers with cool-running, high-current power and vanishingly low noise and distortion levels — even when cranked.
High-end digital decoding
The C 389 uses a high-performance 32-bit/384kHz ESS Sabre ES9028 DAC to serve up ultra-precise sound from digital music sources. It's known for its wide dynamic range, ultra-low noise and distortion, and near-zero levels of jitter (timing errors that can smear musical detail).
You can take advantage of the C 389's great internal DAC using its two optical and two coaxial digital inputs. You also get an HDMI eARC port for playing TV sound and controlling the amplifier volume with the TV's remote control. Analog connections include two pairs of RCA line-level inputs, plus a moving magnet phono stage that gives you precise, natural sound with extremely low noise. The phono preamp's circuit design cuts down on frequencies below the threshold of human hearing — that inherent turntable rumble — without conceding fantastic bass response.
In addition to two sets of speaker outputs, the C 389 has preamp output jacks and dual subwoofer outputs. Two-way Bluetooth with aptX® HD allows 24-bit streaming from mobile devices, plus high-quality wireless output to compatible Bluetooth headphones. A front-panel 1/4" jack connects you to a built-in headphone amplifier that can drive even demanding high-impedance cans.
Future-ready expansion slots
The C 389 features NAD's next-generation MDC2 architecture with a pair of expansion slots. MDC (Modular Design Construction) is a concept NAD introduced in 2006 to "make obsolescence obsolete," and this new version allows two-way communication between the module and the amp.
The optional MDC2 BluOS-D module gives you 24-bit high-res music playback from sources on your local network or from the web. Stream music from personal drives or from internet streaming services. The selection of supported services — including TIDAL, Spotify®, Qobuz, and Amazon Music, among others — is one of the most impressive we've seen. Apple users can easily stream from their devices using AirPlay® 2.
New two-way communication also lets this module stream music from your connected sources — even a turntable — to BluOS components in other rooms. And its built-in Dirac Live function lets you compensate for your room's acoustics to get clear and accurate bass and a balanced soundstage across the listening frequencies.
- 130 watts x 2 channels into 8 or 4 ohms (20-20,000 Hz) at 0.02% THD
- 4-ohm stable for use with a wide range of speakers
- high-performance HybridDigital Universal Class D (UcD) amplifier design
- jitter-free 32-bit/384kHz ESS Sabre DAC for high-performance playback of digitally connected sources such as a CD player
- dual MDC2 slots for expanded functionality
- optional BluOS compatibility with add-on NAD MDC2 BluOS-D module
- these slots only accept MDC2 modules; they will not work with previous MDC modules
- built-in two-way Bluetooth with high-quality aptX HD audio coding
- stream to the C 389 from your phone, computer, tablet, or other device with Bluetooth
- stream from the C 389 to Bluetooth headphones or speakers
- discrete built-in high-output headphone amplifier
- remote control
- compatible with leading third-party control systems like Control4, Crestron, RTI, and URC
- HDMI eARC port for playing TV sound
- 4 digital audio inputs (2 optical/2 coaxial)
- 3 stereo RCA audio inputs, including a phono input (for use with a moving magnet cartridge)
- stereo RCA preamp output for connecting a separate amplifier
- two mono RCA subwoofer outputs
- RS-232C port for use with external controllers
- IR and 12-volt trigger inputs and outputs
- 1/4" front-panel headphone jack
- 2 pairs of binding post speaker connectors for A and B speakers
- USB (Type A) input for service only
- detachable power cord
- Bluetooth antenna included
- signal-to-noise ratio: 95 dB
- 17-1/8"W x 3-15/16"H x 15-7/16"D
- weight: 19.1 lbs.
- warranty: 2 years
- MFR # C389