Ortofon 2M Bronze Cartridge
- The 2M Bronze features a Nude Fine Line diamond, which is particularly suited for demanding applications. The slim profile of the Fine Line stylus will track even the highest frequency information, making it a must for discerning listeners. Additionally, its larger footprint ensures reduced distortion and record wear.
- The cartridge body is manufactured from Hopelex, an environment-friendly material which ensures high rigidity while eliminating unwanted resonances.
- The 2M Bronze uses a special upgraded engine, featuring split pole pins with a silver plated copper wire.
We have optimized the design for ease of mounting the cartridge, and the weight and size to fit the most common turntables on the market today. The 2M Series provides excellent compatibility when used in an assortment of playback systems and with a wide variety of phono preamps.
2M Bronze Technical data
Output voltage at 1000 Hz, 5cm/sec. - 5 mV
Channel balance at 1 kHz - 1 dB
Channel separation at 1 kHz - 26 dB
Channel separation at 15 kHz - 15 dB
Frequency range at - 3dB - 20-29.000 Hz
Frequency response - 20-20.000 + 2 / - 0 dB
Tracking ability at 315Hz at recommended tracking force - 80 µm
Compliance, dynamic, lateral - 22 µm/mN
Stylus type - Nude Fine Line
Stylus tip radius - r/R 8/40 µm
Tracking force range - 1.4-1.7 g (14-17 mN)
Tracking force, recommended - 1.5 g (15 mN)
Tracking angle - 20°
Internal impedance, DC resistance - 1.2 kOhm
Internal inductance - 630 mH
Recommended load resistance - 47 kOhm
Recommended load capacitance - 150-300 pF
Cartridge colour, body/stylus - Black/Bronze
Cartridge weight - 7.2 g
2M PnP MkII cartridge with integrated headshell weight - 20 g
2M PnP MkII cartridge with integrated headshell length - 52 mm
Replacement stylus unit - 2M Bronze (interchangeable with 2M Black)
Stylus lifetime: with proper care we find that up to 1000 hours is possible without degradation of performance. Please read about stylus care on our FAQ.
2M Series styli interchangeability:
The 2M Series' engines, coils and magnets configurations are not identical: Red and Blue are identical, so are the Bronze and Black and so are the true mono variants 2M Mono and 2M 78. Likewise, 2M series styli are interchangeable within the below combinations:
- 2M Red, 2M Blue and 2M Silver
- 2M Bronze and 2M Black
- 2M Mono and 2M 78
Excellent sound. Very happy with it.
The Ortofon Bronze replaced an Ortofon OM 20 that was about 25 years old. The stylus certainly need replaced but I had a hard time justifying the price for an OM 30 upgrade on such an old cartridge. Definately sounds better than the old OM. Still have not ruled out upgrading the OM with a 30 stylus for a backup, but for the time being the Bronze is performing quite well on the Technics SL-1200MK2. Thanks for your time during Axpona with my selection and the great price. Much Appreciated, Steve
What difference, new clarity high and low end. LP's I've had for years sound wonderful. Thank you Spencer for your time and expertise and excellent installation.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.