Parasound Halo A 31 Three Channel Power Amplifier (250 Watts)
Call 410-882-4360 to Order!
- 250 watts x 3 @ 8 Ohms / 400 watts x 3 @ 4 Ohms
- Adjustable gain for up to +6db over THX Reference level
- Unbalanced RCA and balanced XLR inputs
- Circuitry designed by legendary John Curl
- High bias class A/AB operation
- Direct coupled (no capacitors or inductors in signal path)
- Complementary MOSFET driver stage and JFET input stage
- 24 beta-matched 15 amp, 60 MHz bipolar output transistors
- 1.5 kVA encapsulated toroid power transformer with independent
secondary windings for each channel
- 98,400 µF power supply filter capacitance
- DC Servo and relay protection circuits
- AC present, channel status, high temperature indicators
- Heavy-duty 24k gold-plated 5-way speaker terminals
- THX Ultra2 certified
- Auto turn-on by 12v trigger or audio signal
- 4u Chassis, carry handles, rack mounting adapter included
Continuous power output:
250 watts RMS x 3, 20 Hz - 20 kHz, 8 Ω, all channels driven
400 watts RMS x 3, 20 Hz - 20 kHz, 4 Ω, all channels driven
60 amperes peak per channel
5 Hz - 100 kHz, +0/-3 dB at 1 watt
Total harmonic distortion:
< 0.2 % at full power
IM distortion: balanced 16 V rms
< 0.04 %
> 130 V/µsecond
> 1.5 dB
> 78 dB at 1 kHz;
> 63 dB at 20 kHz
1 V for 28.28 V (THX Reference)
47 k Ω unbalanced; 94 k Ω balanced
112 dB, input shorted, IHF A-weighted
> 1100 at 20 Hz
17-1/2" w x 7-5/8" h x 20" d, 7" h without feet
Net weight: 65 lb.
Shipping weight: 79 lb.
Soundstage Access April 2015
"The Halo A 31 has a clear, detailed sound that belies its price, combined with just a touch of warmth. This blend of qualities made it a joy to listen to. Add to that its prodigious power output and rock-solid build quality, and I can assure you: It's the real deal."
Secrets of Home Theater and High Fidelity
"The Halo A 31 is a wonderful amplifier. By staying out of the way and letting me enjoy the music, the A 31 made this review a challenge to find new ways to say that it sounded wonderful. The Halo A 31 is able to drive any speaker you are going to throw at it and not complain, as well as impeccably built and beautiful in appearance."
Stereophile September 2012
"Remarkable definition…clean, luminous sound. Firm and extended bass. Running full range and full bore, I never lacked for power and weight."