Parasound Halo Hint 6 Integrated Amplifier (160 Watts)
Call 410-882-4360 to Order!
New Features (Changes from the original Halo Integrated)
- Burr Brown analog resistor ladder volume control
- Dimmable front panel volume display
- Updated USB receiver is Plug and play with Windows 10 and MAC
- An additional optical input (2 total)
- Ball bearing supported solid aluminum volume knob
- Programable default turn on volume setting
- Favorite volume memory with remote control button
- Increased phono stage gain for lower output cartridges
- Improved Left/Right channel separation and balance tracking
- Updated cosmetics with subtle gold highlights
Preamp and DAC Features
- ESS Sabre32 Reference DAC (ES9018K2M)
- Asynchronous USB 2.0 supports PCM up to 384kHz/32-bit
- USB input decodes Native DSD64, DSD128, DSD256 and DoP DSD
- Coax and optical inputs accept PCM up to 192kHz/24-bit
- Analog bass management with high & low pass crossovers
- Home theater bypass input for surround sound integration
- Front panel subwoofer level control
- Dedicated high current headphone amplifier (TI TPA6120)
- Phono input for MM, MC and MI with 100 Ω or 47k Ω load
- Front panel Aux input with automatic +12 dB gain stage
- 5 pairs RCA line level Analog inputs
- 1 pair XLR balanced Analog input
- Balanced XLR and RCA left and right preamp outputs
- 1 balanced XLR and 2 RCA subwoofer outputs
- Bass & treble controls with relay bypass from remote or front panel
- Rear panel IR input and IR loop output jacks
- 12 Volt trigger output
- Back-lit remote control with discrete buttons
- 0.5w standby power consumption meets Energy Star & EU specs
Power Amp Features
- 160 Watts x 2 @ 8 Ohms (RMS, both channels driven)
- 240 Watts x 2 @ 4 Ohms (RMS, both channels driven)
- Power amp circuit topology designed by legendary John Curl
- Direct amplifier input to bypass preamp section
- High bias class A/AB operation
- Oversized shielded toroid power transformer
- Dual-mono power supply and power amplifier
- 40,000uF power supply filter capacitance
- Matched JFET input stages and MOSFET driver stages
- 12 high voltage/high current bipolar output transistors
- Heavy-duty 24k gold-plated 5-way speaker binding posts
- Over temp and short circuit relay protection
Fidelity-Online, Germany November 2019
"The lady of the house enters the scene, listens briefly and comments briefly and finally 'Sounds like a concert, it can stay!' You have to search for an amplifier that plays so completely and correctly for this price with the proverbial magnifying glass."
The Audiophile Audition October, 2019
"Massively Built! Buffed Out! You get a lot for your $$$$. What would you expect from Parasound? John Curl is a world-renowned electronics designer. The best bang for the buck for the music-minded customer."
The Audio Beatnik August 2019
"You'll be hard pressed to find another integrated amplifier at this price that can match the HINT 6's impressive list of features, power, and smooth and engaging sound."
Positive Feedback June 2019
"San Francisco-based Parasound continues to recalibrate accepted price-vs-performance expectations in the high end. The HINT 6 consistently reproduced all manner of music with remarkable confidence, consistency, and grace. Pairing the HINT 6 to my beloved Maggie 1.7i panels proved downright revelatory."
Stereophile May 2019
"The HINT 6 worked well with every speaker I threw at it. Absolutely breathtaking...exhilarating. I can't think of another integrated amplifier that offers so many options and has such solid, generous sound. Recommended."
Stereophile February 2019
"...brilliantly detailed Parasound."
What HiFi (UK) December 2018
"This is a confident and enthusiastic amplifier that's just fun to listen to."