The AT33Sa is the first Audio-Technica moving coil cartridge to feature a Shibata line-contact stylus, known for its superior high-range performance and strong mid and bass sound. The stylus is mounted on a tapered boron cantilever with a double damper for reduced weight and better audio quality. The cartridge’s dual moving coils provide excellent channel separation and are affixed within a strong but lightweight VC mold to greatly reduce unwanted vibration.
The cartridge uses a neodymium magnet and a permendur yoke for dramatically enhanced magnetic energy. The PCOCC (Pure Copper by Ohno Continuous Casting) coils ensure pure audio transmission.
- Moving coil cartridge with Shibata stylus delivers exquisite, full-range audio reproduction
- Advanced tapered boron cantilever and reduced coil weight improve the audio quality, particularly in the higher frequencies
- Neodymium magnet and permendur yoke dramatically enhance the magnetic energy
- PCOCC (Pure Copper by Ohno Continuous Casting) coil enables pure signal transfer
- High-separation, wide response dual moving coil
- VC mold limits unnecessary vibration
- Precision-cast hard aluminum alloy body enhances rigidity and the signal-to-noise ratio
Please Note: AT-33Sa’s stylus assembly is not field-replaceable, but Audio-Technica offers a fee-based Moving Coil Exchange Program to properly service your moving coil cartridge.
|Cartridge & Stylus
||30 dB (1 kHz)
|Vertical Tracking Angle
|Vertical Tracking Force
||1.8-2.2 g (2.0 g standard)
||Nude square shank