This Yamaha product is pre-order ONLY at this time. Please give us a call if you would like more information on pre-ordering Yamaha.
An attractive, well-built integrated amplifier
The A-S1200 is the little brother of the A-S2200 and A-S3200, but it's plenty powerful and impressive in its own right. It delivers a robust 90 watts per channel, and it's 4-ohm stable, so it can handle a wide variety of speakers. It offers several features intended to make analog music sources sound superb — balanced and unbalanced inputs, an efficient toroidal transformer, and solid, vibration-resistant construction, to name a few.
If you're a bit nostalgic for the components of the 1970s — I grew up with them and I love the look — you'll appreciate the large level meters illuminated by soft LED light. The switches and knobs on the front panel were meticulously designed to complement the overall visual style of this amp.
Excellent analog connections
These days, it's a bit unusual to see an integrated amp with no digital inputs, but this amp is all about analog goodness. There are four unbalanced RCA inputs on the back, included dedicated inputs for a separate tuner and the analog output of your CD player. There's also a discrete phono stage that lets you connect a turntable with a moving magnet or moving coil cartridge.
The two sets of binding posts might look a little different than what you're used to. They're made of pure brass, and they have a nice "grippy" shape that makes them easier to spin open and closed.
- 90 watts x 2 channels into 8 ohms (20-20,000 Hz) at 0.07% THD
- 150 watts x 2 channels into 4 ohms
- 4-ohm capability allows use with a wide range of speakers
- frequency response: 5-100,000 Hz (-3dB)
- signal-to-noise ratio: 110dB (114dB balanced)
- analog level meters illuminated by soft LED light
- large toroidal transformer
- rugged Mechanical Ground Concept construction reduces unwanted vibration
- chrome-plated iron feet
- defeatable auto-power standby
- detachable power cord
- remote control included
- four pairs of unbalanced RCA inputs
- dedicated tuner and CD inputs
- phono stage for connecting a turntable with moving magnet or moving coil cartridge
- RCA main direct input
- no signal output to pre out, line 2 out or phones
- RCA line out lets you use an external power amplifier
- two pairs of pure brass binding-post speaker connectors
- IR remote control in/out
- 12-volt trigger input
- front-panel 1/4" headphone jack
Dimensions and warranty:
- 17-1/8"W x 6-1/8"H x 18-1/4"D
- weight: 48.5 lbs.
- warranty: 2 years