Yamaha A-S701 Integrated Amplifier (100 Watts)
Potent power, with vanishing distortion levels
It's not hard to find an amplifier that will promise 100 watts per channel of power. But few amps can match that number with such incredibly low distortion as the Yamaha A-S701. This well-built integrated amplifier offers plenty of power to drive bookshelf or tower speakers, including more demanding loads. As you turn up the volume, this amp's anti-resonance construction, symmetrical circuit layout, and high-quality components ensure your music remains clean and clear. By minimizing distortion and interference, your music will sound more listenable with fine details shining through.
Connect your TV and Blu-ray player
The A-S701 has six pairs of analog RCA inputs, including a phono input for connecting a turntable. But music sources aren't the only possibilities: optical and coaxial digital audio inputs let you bring video devices into the fold. Connect a TV or Blu-ray player to these inputs, and enjoy movie sound through your stereo speakers with this amp. It's a cost-effective way to build an excellent two-channel rig in your TV room that offers dynamic sound with a wide stereo image.
Tone controls and direct modes
If you need to make some adjustments as you listen, the A-S701 has front-panel tone controls for bass and treble. There's also a loudness control, for bringing out more detail and depth while listening at low volume. If you prefer a more purist approach to listening, you can bypass these controls with Pure Direct mode, which eliminates signal degradation as your music travels a more direct circuit path. For listening to CDs, engage CD Direct Amplification — it matches the input levels of the source with the amp to further minimize noise introduced at the amplification stage.
- 100 watts x 2 channels into 8 ohms (20-20,000 Hz) at 0.019% THD
- 4-ohm capability allows use with a wide range of speakers
- ToP-ART (Total Purity Audio Reproduction Technology) combines a symmetrical circuit layout along with anti-resonance construction for high-quality sound with minimal distortion
- Pure Direct mode allows music signals to travel the shortest possible route through the unit's circuitry for cleaner sound
- CD Direct Amplification mode matches input signals from CD players for higher signal-to-noise ratio
- optical and coaxial digital audio inputs
- 6 RCA audio inputs, including MM (moving magnet) phono input
- Bluetooth®-ready with optional Yamaha YBA-11 adapter (not included)
- subwoofer output
- two pairs of RCA recording outputs
- signal-to-noise ratio: 99 dB (CD)
- two pairs of gold-plated binding-post speaker connectors with front-panel switching
- 1/4" headphone jack
- detachable power cord
- remote control
- 17-1/8"W x 6"H x 15-1/4"D
- weight: 24.7 lbs.
- warranty: 2 years